Low Carb Wild Mushroom & Fontina Meatza – FULL CAL
- 1 lb turkey ground
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups wild mushrooms quartered/sliced (a combination of whatever unique shapes you can find at the grocery store)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup fontina cheese shredded + 2 tbsp, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Line a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the ingredients for the crust in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spread the crust mixture onto the prepared pizza stone/baking sheet into a circle about 12” in diameter and ¼” thick. Place the mushrooms on a large baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and toss until well coated. Transfer the crust and mushrooms to the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. (Check halfway to drain any excess moisture from the crust and give the mushrooms a shake.)
- WHILE the crust and mushrooms bake, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the cream is hot, reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in the ½ cup of shredded fontina cheese. Season with a dash of pepper and keep warm on low until ready to use.
- REMOVE the crust and mushrooms from the oven. Blot the crust dry with paper towels and place on a fresh sheet of parchment paper.
- SPREAD the cheese sauce over the crust and arrange the mushrooms on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of fontina and additional salt if desired,and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh thyme, slice, and serve!
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 30g | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 5g