White Chicken Chili
- 12 oz chicken breasts cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz hatched green chiles
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- avocado 1/4 a small avocado, sliced, per serving
- cilantro chopped
- lime wedges
- HEAT olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook uncovered until chicken begins to brown. Stir in garlic, cumin, oregano, sea salt, bell pepper and green chiles. Cook 5 minutes.
- POUR in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and stir well. Simmer 5 minutes. Divide into 2 servings. Serve with fresh lime, cilantro and 1/4 cup slices avocado.
ALTERNATE INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
- USING saute function on instant pot, do step 1 above, OR if rushed, throw everything in at once without sauteeing.
- ADD chicken broth & heavy cream. Set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. If doubling batch or more, increase pressure cooking time by 7-10 minutes for each time you increase the recipe.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 4g | Net Carbs: 13g