Sesame Garlic Chicken Thighs w/ Shredded Kale Salad
Sesame Garlic Chicken Thighs w/ Shredded Kale Salad – FULL CALPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
- 12 oz chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 3 cups shredded kale tightly packed
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage shredded (or buy pre-shredded bag)
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 tsp Swerve
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds divided
- PREPARE the salad dressing/chicken marinade by combining the olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and orange juice in a blender and blend until emulsified. You should end up with about 1 cup, depending on how juicy the orange was.
- MEASURE out ½ cup of the dressing and place in a small bowl or mason jar. Add the Swerve and 1 tsp of sesame seeds and mix/shake until well combined.
- SALAD: Combine the shredded kale, carrot, red cabbage, bell pepper, edamame, and almonds in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the top, toss until well coated, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- CHICKEN: Place the chicken thighs in a large ziptop bag and add the remaining marinade and sesame seeds. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to several hours.
- PREHEAT the oven to 375°F and line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Place the chicken into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Alternatively, you can grill or sear the chicken on a well-greased, preheated grill or skillet for 8-10 minutes per side. (Again, check for an internal temperature of 165°F.) Remove the chicken from the oven/grill and serve with the kale salad.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 33g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 16g