- ½ lb lean ground pork
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- HEAT a large pot filled with 2-3 cups of water over medium heat. Cut cauliflower into florets. Place cauliflower florets into water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and boil 10 minutes to soften florets. Alternate cooking method: 7 minutes at high pressure in instant pot.
- STRAIN and transfer florets to a large mixing bowl. Allow cauliflower to cool slightly for 5 minutes. Use a potato masher or fork to mash florets until slightly chunky. Add egg, green onion, ground pork and seasonings. Mix well to combine.
- HEAT a large pan over medium heat. Spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Place fritters onto pan using a ⅓ cup measuring cup. Press down and shape gently with a spatula. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn over and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until cooked through.
Yields: approx 12 fritters
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 9g