Pizza Style Chicken with Chickpea Salad
Pizza Style Chicken with Chickpea Salad – FULL CALPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 1 serving
- 5 oz chicken breasts
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 leaves Fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil for cooking
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- SEASON chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, pepper and oregano on both sides. Heat a medium oven safe skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Once pan is very hot, place chicken on and cook 6-7 minutes. Flip chicken and add garlic to pan. Cook an additional 6 minutes.
- IN the meantime, turn oven to broil. Top chicken with mozzarella and sliced tomato. Broil 7-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly (check every few minutes to be safe so it doesn’t burn). While chicken broils, stir ingredients for salad in a bowl. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar and sea salt. Stir well.
- REMOVE pan from oven. Serve garnished with chopped basil and season with remaining sea salt.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 28g | Fiber: 8g | Net Carbs: 17g