Pan Seared Salmon and Broccoli Slaw
- 7 oz salmon
- ½ tsp dill
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Lemon
FOR BROCCOLI SLAW:
- 2 cup shredded broccoli slaw mix
- 1.5 tbsp no-sugar added mayonnaise
- 1.5 tbsp whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 – 2 tsp lemon juice
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Celery seed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- n a mixing bowl, stir together ingredients for broccoli slaw dressing. Stir in broccoli to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, stir together seasonings for salmon. Sprinkle seasonings over both sides, gently rubbing onto salmon.
- Spray am oven safe pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium, heat until pan is very hot. Place salmon on pan skin side down. Sear 3 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil at 550°. Broil 6-8 minutes. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and broccoli slaw.
Helpful possibly save-your-house-and-life-tip:
- Remember to turn off the broiler! (I made this dish twice and forgot both times)
Won’t save your life but nice to know tip:
- The premade packages of broccoli slaw I have come across at the grocery store have 4 cups, so if you double the dressing, you have 2 instant servings.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 32g | Fiber: 4g | Net Carbs: 10g