Oreo Cookie Smoothie
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp black onyx cocoa powder super dark- makes a BIG difference. Sub regular cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1.5 tsp Swerve
- 1 scoop powdered stevia *
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup water
- 3 tbsp half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp Swerve
- powdered stevia * to taste
- 9 ice cubes **
- Mix the dry topping ingredients (ideal to make in bulk and spoon out a serving size for several smoothies). Melt the butter in a pan and then add the mixed dry ingredients – saute in pan for a few minutes, then let cool. Serving size of topping: Scant ¼ cup.
- High Powered Blender: Add liquids/soft ingredients first, then ice, and blend.
- Ninja: Add ice first, then rest of ingredients on top. Do crush function first to crush ice. Scrape sides with spatula, then blend.
- Both: You will likely need to scrape the sides with a spatula a couple times. After making smoothie, mix in topping by hand.
- “SKINNY” VERSION: use 1 less tsp Butter in topping. PRETTY GOOD still – not quite as good as original though.
*STEVIA NOTES: 1 scoop = the scoop that comes in stevia bottle = 1/32 of tsps = 1 packet stevia. If you do not have any of this, a few light shakes. If you do not like stevia, use more erythritol-based sweetener to compensate. It’s not nearly as sweet so per scoop you may need to add 1-3 more tsp. to taste. **So I’ve discovered ice cube size can vary! These are made with ice-cube trays purchased online. If you make your smoothie and it seems too watery/liquidy and not thick don’t worry, you aren’t crazy! Your ice-cubes are just smaller. Either add more ice-cubes or buy some trays online to use. The point is your smoothie should be kind of hard to blend- that’s how thick it should be. Per serving:
- 172 cal – 4 protein – 15 fat – 9 carbs – 2 net carbs
- Skinny version: 138 cal – 4 protein – 11 fat – 9 carbs – 2 net carbs
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 2g