- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder or more to taste
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- TRIM the chicken breasts of any excess fat and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes on top of the chicken, then add the lime zest and juice.
- COMBINE the spices in a small bowl, mix well, and evenly sprinkle over the chicken. Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- WHEN done cooking, use a pair of metal tongs or two forks to shred the chicken and mix thoroughly. Keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- SERVE with lettuce leaves for wrapping and avocado, cilantro, and green onions for topping.
Yields 4 cups Suggestion for those not on P3 meal plan – eat in real corn or flour tortillas if desired with toppings like salsa, avocado, squeeze of lime, sour cream, etc.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Net Carbs: 8g