Low Carb Bacony Egg Cups – LOW CAL
- 8 eggs * (medium sized)
- 2 slices thick cut bacon **
- 1 cup spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut milk ***
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon slices and cook 8-10 minutes, flip and cook an additional 8-10 minutes. Set slices aside onto a plate or paper towel to cool. Chop into small pieces.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F and spray 6 muffin tins with olive oil or coconut cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and coconut milk. Stir in onion, spinach, bacon, nutritional yeast, sea salt and black pepper.
- USING a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins. Bake 30 minutes. Freeze and microwave as needed or refrigerate up to 5 days.
*or 6 large eggs **Most regular bacon has sugar – however, the amount you’d be consuming in the 1⁄2 slice per serving is negligible (like 1/8 tsp). I would personally feel comfortable using regular natural bacon ***low cal boxed kind from refrigerated section.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 4g