High Protein Beet, Goat Cheese & Pork Salad – LOW CAL
- 12 oz pork chops boneless, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup beets julienned, pre-cooked (about 2 medium beets)
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 4 dried figs finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- COMBINE all ingredients for the dressing/marinade (except for the sprigs of rosemary and thyme) in a small jar and shake until well combined. Place the pork chops in a large ziploc bag and add 3 tbsp of the dressing/marinade plus the rosemary and thyme sprigs. Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or (even better) overnight.
- HEAT a large pan over medium-high heat and sear the pork chops for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and let rest for at least 5 minutes. For the salad, arrange the beets, red onion, pistachios, and figs on top of the mixed greens.
- SLICE the pork and place on top of the salad. Dress with the remaining dressing/marinade.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 20g