Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon – LOW CAL
- 10 oz lean chuck eye roast cut into 1” cubes
- 1 slice thick cut bacon uncured
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup carrot sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms quartered
- ½ cup waxy potatoes small cubes, (like red bliss, fingerling, or purple) – 3 medium fingerling potatoes is what I used – 3.5 oz/100 g
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cup fresh thyme
- black pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup red wine
- 1 cup fat free beef stock
- 1½ tbsp tomato paste
- SET the Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- SAUTE the bacon until crisp then add the beef and vegetables and continue sautéing for 6-8 minutes, until the beef begins to brown and the onions begin to soften.
- SEASON with salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir in the red wine, beef stock, and tomato paste. Cover and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- DIVIDE into two portions and serve.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 19g