High Protein Chopped Salad – FULL CAL
- 15 oz chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 oz turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup red onion Very thinly sliced
- ½ cup green olives sliced
- 2 oz pepperoncinis sliced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers Diced
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes whole
- 6 artichoke hearts quartered
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans / chickpeas
- 3½ tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 3½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 cups spring salad mix packed
- PREHEAT the grill or pan to medium-high heat and add a little olive oil. Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning and grill for about 7-8 minutes on each side. (Alternatively, you can bake the chicken in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes.)
- WHEN the chicken is done cooking, allow to cool slightly, dice, and place in a large bowl.
- ADD the turkey pepperoni, red onion, green olives, pepperoncinis, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans and mozzarella cheese to the bowl.
- ADD the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to a small jar and shake until well combined.
- POUR 4 tbsp of the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss the chopped romaine and spring mix together in a large ziploc bag.
- SERVE 2 ¼ cups salad over 2 cups of lettuce mix and 1 additional tbsp of dressing.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 33g | Fiber: 6g | Net Carbs: 14g