- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks probably 1 large leek or 2 small
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 11 oz cubed ham try to get as natural/organic type of ham as you can locate
- 8 oz yukon gold potatoes cubed (about two potatoes, 1 1/2 cups medium dice)
- 3 cups chicken stock no msg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream stir in after cooking
- 2 tbsp chopped chives topping
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley topping
- 2 slices no sugar added bacon cooked and crumbled, topping
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and leeks for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Turn off sauté mode and stir in the Italian seasoning, pepper, ham, potatoes, and chicken stock.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 mins. Manually release the pressure then scoop out about a cup of the soup and blend with the heavy cream until smooth. Stir back into the soup. (Optional. Can also just stir in the heavy cream.)
- Top each serving with chives, parsley, and 1 slice of crumbled bacon.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Net Carbs: 30g