- 16 oz chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms thinly sliced
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp thyme finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lemon wedges
- 6 cups Swiss chard roughly chopped, packed (this means measure the 6 cups of raw chard by packing it down vs loose).
- 2 tbsp garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp sea salt
- HEAT the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the pre-heated pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and cover with foil.
- REDUCE heat to medium and add the onion, carrots, and celery to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and place the chicken breasts in the pan. Add the thyme sprigs and bay leaf to the pan, cover partially, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaf then discard. Transfer the chicken breasts to a clean plate.
- WHISK together the cream and egg yolk in a small bowl then whisk several tablespoons of the cooking liquid into the cream mixture (one tablespoon at a time) until the cream is warm. Stir the warmed cream into the pan and add the chopped thyme. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer everything over medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- FOR the Swiss chard, heat a large pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes then add the chard, season with salt, and continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes, until the chard begins to wilt. Stir in the chicken stock and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the chard is tender and most of the chicken stock has partially evaporated.
Calories: 629kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 61g | Fat: 34g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 17g