- 1 whole chicken about 4-5 lbs
- 1 whole Lemon
- 1 head garlic
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Remove the giblets from the chicken cavity, rinse the chicken, and pat dry. Place the chicken in a roasting pan or large cast iron skillet. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wings into the side to prevent burning.
- CUT the lemon in half; squeeze one half inside the chicken cavity and the other half over the chicken. Place the squeezed lemons in the pan. Cut the garlic in half crosswise and place in the pan. Place several sprigs of the fresh rosemary inside the chicken cavity and the rest in the pan. Carefully run your fingers under the skin of the breast area to separate it and stuff with the minced garlic. Rub the olive oil evenly over the outside of the chicken. In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, thyme, and sage. Evenly sprinkle the mixture over the entire chicken.
- ROAST for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, until golden brown. Test for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer in the thigh. If it reaches 165°F, the chicken is done.
- REMOVE from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Yields 4-5 lbs chicken
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 8g | Net Carbs: 1g