- 12 oz beef chuck cubed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup carrot coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- HEAT a Dutch oven over medium heat and melt butter. Add cubed beef and brown on all sides for 6-7 minutes. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, onion and celery along with garlic, thyme, and oregano cover and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- POUR in beef stock, tomato paste and coconut aminos. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer with lid cracked for 1 hour.
ALTERNATE INSTANT POT COOKING:
- Brown cubed meat in instant pot on saute function (or alternately, if rushed, skip this step entirely); add all ingredients to instant pot, set to manual pressure for 40 minutes.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 5g | Net Carbs: 18g