Grain-Free Shrimp Risotto – LOW CAL
- 6 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups cauli rice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 lemon wedges for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped chives for ganish
- MELT the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the red onion, bell pepper, and peas for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- ADD the cauliflower rice, lemon zest, and seasonings and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- STIR in the white wine and veggie stock and simmer for about 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- STIR in the shrimp and heavy cream. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- GARNISH with chopped chives and a lemon wedge.
*We could make the wine optional to lower the cals further (25 per serving) but I like the flavor that it adds.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 9g | Net Carbs: 20g