- Electric Mixer
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley or chives, optional
- 2 tbsp butter cold and cut into small cubes
- 4 egg whites
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a bit of butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the almond flour, nutritional yeast, salt,garlic powder, and dried parsley/chives (if using) in a large bowl and mix well.
- DISTRIBUTE the cold, cubed butter over the top of the almond flour mixture and begin mixing it in using a fork or pastry cutter. (You can also use your hands, but this will cause the butter to melt, so work quickly.) Continue mixing until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Place in the freezer to keep cold while you prepare the egg whites.
- PLACE the egg whites in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Slowly sprinkle the almond flour mixture over the egg whites while folding gently. Once combined, drop 6 large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Net Carbs: 5g