Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Mug Muffin – LOW CAL
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Swerve
- 1/16 tsp powdered stevia *
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp carrot , shredded
- 2 tbsp canned pineapple , unsweetened, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cream cheese , softened
- 1 tsp Swerve
- COMBINE the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, Swerve, cinnamon, salt, egg white and almond milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Fold in the shredded carrot and finely chopped pineapple.
- SPRAY large mug with non-stick cooking spray and transfer themixture to the mug.
- MICROWAVE for 1 ½ minutes, check doneness, then continue in 30 second intervals until a toothpick inserted come out clean. (Minetook 2 ½ min) Remove from the microwave and allow to cool forseveral minutes.
- MIX together the cream cheese and 1 tsp of Swerve until smooth. Top the muffin with the cream cheese mixture and enjoy!
Alternate Cooking Method: Oven
- Please note, oven cooking method is temporary guesstimate till fully tested! PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Pour batter into mug, bake for 25 minutes.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND making several at “a time so you’re not spending all that time for 1 muffin. :)-
*STEVIA NOTES: 1/32 tsp stevia = the scoop that comes in stevia bottle = 1 packet stevia. If you do not like stevia, use more erythritol-based sweetener to compensate. It’s not nearly as sweet so per scoop you may need to add 1-3 more tsp. to taste.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 6g | Net Carbs: 10g