High Protein Chinese Chicken Salad – LOW CAL
- 10 oz chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Napa cabbage , thinly sliced
- 2 cups radicchio , shredded
- 3/4 cup carrot , shredded
- 20 pods snow peas
- 1/4 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp salted cashews , chopped
DRESSING & MARINADE
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil (toasted makes a difference)
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 2/3 tbsp orange , juice
- 1 1/3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ginger , grated
- 2 tsp garlic , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Swerve
- WHISK together the ingredients for the dressing/marinade until well combined. Mix the chicken breasts and 1/4 cup of the marinade in a large Ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours (or overnight).
- PLACE the chicken in an Instant Pot along with the marinade and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes. If you use more chicken increasing the recipe) you will need to cook longer. Allow the pressure to naturally release and shred the chicken using tongs or two forks.
- COMBINE all ingredients for the salad except the sesame seeds in a large bowl while the chicken is cooking.
- DIVIDE the salad between two plates, top each with half the shredded chicken, the reserved dressing, then garnish with the sesame seeds.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 14g