- Put topping ingredients in a small pan on medium heat and stir occasionally until browned. Put in fridge or freezer to cool down if using right away so it doesn’t melt your smoothie. I recommend making this topping in bulk to save time for future smoothies. Use 1 tbsp of the topping per smoothie.
High Powered Blender:
- Add liquids/soft ingredients first, then ice, and blend.
- Add ice first, then rest of ingredients on top. Do crush function first to crush ice. Scrape sides with spatula, then blend.
- You will likely need to scrape the sides with a spatula a time or two.
*So I’ve discovered ice cube size can vary! These are made with ice-cube trays purchased online. If you make your smoothie and it seems too watery/liquidy and not thick don’t worry, you aren’t crazy! Your ice-cubes are just smaller. Either add more icecubes or buy some trays online to use. The point is your smoothie should be kind of hard to blend- that’s how thick it should be. **Recommended to make the topping in bulk and use 1 tbsp topping per serving. Per serving:
- w/o topping: 50 cal – 9 protein – 0 fat – 3 carbs – 3 net carbs
- w/topping: 103 cal – 11 protein – 5 fat – 5 carbs – 4 net carbs
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 4g