Deviled Sweet Peppers
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- 6 egg yolks hard-boiled (save the whites for the spinach salad)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets roasted (reserved from hummus recipe)
- ¼ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- smoked paprika optional garnish
- FILLING: Combine the hardboiled egg yolks, cauliflower, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small food processor or bullet blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer the filling to a large zip-top bag. Note: will be easier to pipe this if you allow to cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Rinse and dry the sweet peppers, trim the tops, cut in half lengthwise, and remove any ribs and seeds.
- SNIP one corner end from the zip-top bag and carefully pipe the filling in to each sweet pepper half. (Note: it can be hard to tell by the eye just how much 1 tbsp of filling piped is- and then you can run out too soon! My advice is to put 1 or 2 peppers you’ll save for you using an actual tbsp to measure the amount so you can get a visual of how much filling, then try to copy this amount with the rest of the peppers using the piping bag).
- GARNISH with smoked paprika, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Alternate Cooking Method – INSTANT POT FOR HARDBOILED EGGS
- PLACE whole eggs on grate over 1” of COLD water in Instant Pot and cook on manual LOW pressure for 12 minutes or HIGH pressure for 8 minutes (consensus is better yolks with low 1 pressure) , then dip into cold water unless using immediately.
Yields 24 peppers + 1.5 cups filling
Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Net Carbs: 5g