Dairy-Free Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken with Sauteed Broccoli – LOW CAL
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken with Sauteed Broccoli – LOW CALPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
- 8 oz chicken thighs
- 16 oz crimini mushrooms sliced
- 4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary stem discarded
- 3 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum optional
- HEAT 1 tsp of ghee over medium/high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken thighs with black pepper and ½ tsp of salt. Add chicken thighs to pan and brown 5 minutes.
- TURN chicken over and add garlic, shallots and mushrooms. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- STIR in coconut milk, sea salt and rosemary. Bring to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer 25 minutes uncovered. Optional: sprinkle ¼ tsp of xanthan gum over the sauce and stir to blend.
- IN a separate pan, heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add broccoli and sauté for 5 minutes or until broccoli is lightly crisped, stirring occasionally. Divide into 2 servings.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 25g | Fiber: 9g | Net Carbs: 27g