Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken & Garlic Kale – FULL CALPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
- 12 oz chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato in olive oil julienned, oil drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 8 cups kale loosely packed, ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- BEGIN by blotting chicken thighs using paper towel. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken thighs to hot butter and cook 4 minutes to brown. Turn chicken over and add garlic. Continue to cook 4 minutes.
- REDUCE heat to low. Pour in heavy cream and chicken broth. Stir in sun dried tomatoes, dried basil and oregano. Simmer 15 minutes. Finish with red pepper flakes and chopped basil.
- IN a separate medium skillet melt butter over medium/low heat and stir in minced garlic. Sauté until garlic starts to soften. Pour in chicken broth and chopped kale. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Remove lid and stir, continue to cook 3 minutes longer. Season with sea salt.
- SERVE 1/2 of kale and 2 chicken thighs with approximately 1/3 cup sauce/sun dried tomatoes.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 30g | Fiber: 5g | Net Carbs: 9g