Coconut Crusted Chicken with Pineapple Salsa & Sugar Snap Peas – FULL CALPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 1 serving
FOR CHICKEN & PEAS
- 5 oz chicken breasts butterflied
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 egg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/16 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup pineapple diced (fresh, canned, or frozen and defrosted)
- 1/4 cup tomato diced
- 1/8 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- STIR together ingredients for salsa in a small bowl. Set aside.Beat egg in a small bowl and sprinkle coconut and sea salt in a shallow bowl.
- BLOT chicken with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Dunk in egg wash and coat in coconut flakes on all sides.
- HEAT a skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Allow pan to get very hot. Place chicken on pan and cook 8-10 minutes each side.
- WHILE chicken cooks, heat a small skillet over medium heat and sauté snap peas in butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with sea salt. Serve snap peas alongside chicken with pineapple salsa.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 18g | Fiber: 6g | Net Carbs: 15g