- Blender/Food Processor
- Electric Mixer
For the cake:
For the frosting:
- Chopped or shaved sugar-free chocolate Lily’s brand or Marco Polo
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9” cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Put mixing bowl and beaters for whipped cream prep into freezer to get cold. Sift the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl.
- DRAIN the black beans and rinse well. Combine the black beans, coconut oil, Swerve, eggs, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy
- WITH the blender or food processor on low speed, slowly add the sifted cocoapowder mixture and continue blended until well combined, scraping down the sides of the blender, if needed.
- SPREAD the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- OPEN the coconut milk and pour off all of the liquid that has risen to the top (reserve for another use). Transfer the solid coconut cream to the chilled, metal mixing bowl and add the Swerve or liquid Stevia and extract, if using.
- USING an electric mixer, begin beating the mixture on low while slowly sprinkling in the gelatin. Increase the speed to high and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Spread the frosting onto the cooled cake and dust with cocoa powder, if desired.
- REFRIGERATE until ready to serve. (Can be made 1-2 days ahead of time.) Allow the cake to come to room temperature before serving.
Yields 8 slices
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Net Carbs: 11g