Cauliflower Hummus w/ Veggies
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 tbsp Tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large carrot cut into sticks
- 3 large stalks celery cut into sticks
- 1 bell pepper cut into slices
- smoked paprika optional garnish
- fresh parsley or cilantro (optional garnish)
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F and grease a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the 5 cups of cauliflower into small florets (NOTE: ADD an additional 3 cups of florets if you intend on making the deviled sweet peppers as wellbasically roast the florets of 1 large head), place onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast for 30 minutes.
- WHILE cauliflower roasts, add tahini and lemon juice to high speed blender and blend for 1 full minute. Scrape sides and blend 30 seconds more (this creates a creamy-whipped texture) Add the olive oil, garlic and salt, and blend again for approx 1 minute. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then add the portion of roasted cauliflower for THIS recipe to the blender (remembering to reserve the portion for the deviled sweet peppers) and blend until fairly smooth.
- WITH the blender running, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the hummus reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. (For me, this was about 8 tablespoons.) Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- GARNISH with smoked paprika and fresh parsley or cilantro, if desired. Serve with carrots, celery, and bell pepper for dipping.
Yields 2 cups hummus
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Net Carbs: 11g