Butter Pecan Smoothie
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 2 tbsp water
- 8-10 ice cubes * depending on what your blender can handle for thickness
- 1.5 tsp butter flavor
- 1 tsp pecan extract sub almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp Swerve
- powdered stevia to taste**
- Spray a pan on medium heat with nonstick spray and toast chopped pecans, swerve and dusting of stevia together. Let cool in fridge a few minutes while you make your smoothie. This is the version that’s accounted for when you are following the meal plan for your calories.
- If you are eating this on your own and need to “skinny” it down a bit to lower calories, use half the topping ingredients (serving size will be 2 tbsp or 1/8th cup topping)- see macros for this below. My suggestion if you do this is to chop the pecans finer so they spread throughout the smoothie better. ALTERNATE: if busy, just fold in raw pecans to your smoothie.
- High Powered Blender: Add liquids/soft ingredients first, then ice, and blend.
- Ninja: Add ice first, then rest of ingredients on top. Do crush function first to crush ice. Scrape sides with spatula, then blend.
- Both: You will likely need to scrape the sides with a spatula a couple times.
*So I’ve discovered ice cube size can vary! These are made with ice-cube trays purchased online. If you make your smoothie and it seems too watery/liquidy and not thick don’t worry, you aren’t crazy! Your ice-cubes are just smaller. Either add more icecubes or buy some trays online to use. The point is your smoothie should be kind of hard to blend- that’s how thick it should be. **STEVIA NOTES: 1 scoop = the scoop that comes in stevia bottle = 1/32 of tsp = 1 packet stevia. If you do not have any of this, a few light shakes. If you do not like stevia, use more erythritol-based sweetener to compensate. It’s not nearly as sweet so per scoop you may need to add 1-3 more tsp. to taste. ***As always, I suggest making this sort of topping in bulk to save time. 1 serving is ¼ cup of topping for original recipe, and ⅛th cup (2 tbsp) for a the “skinny” version listed in the macros area. Per serving: 1 recipe
- 225 cal – 4 protein – 23 fat – 5 carbs – 2 net carbs
- Skinny version: 131 cal – 2 protein – 13 fat – 3 carbs – 2 net carbs
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 2g