Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 10 oz chicken breasts skinless
- 1.5 cup carrot shredded
- ½ -1 cup green onions
- 4 cup lettuce shredded
- 2 cup celery chopped
- 3 tbsp no-sugar added mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Louisiana hot sauce* *
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- SEASON chicken breasts with one tsp of sea salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper. Cooking options: 6 minutes on high pressure in instant pot (no added water). OR simmer in water at medium heat until done on stove top pan for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Last resort: use canned chicken.
- FINELY chop chicken and place in a bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Combine mayonnaise, hot sauce, onion powder, dried dill and remaining sea salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- ADD chopped celery, scallions and shredded carrots to mayonnaise mixture. Stir to coat. Add shredded chicken and stir once more. Divide into two servings. Serve over 2 cups shredded lettuce.
*Less spicy option: 2 tbsp hot sauce + 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar. That’s what I did!
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 22g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 11g