Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder vanilla*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp Swerve
- 1/16 tsp powdered stevia
- PREHEAT oven to 350 and line 6 muffin tins with paper liners. In mixing bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil and almond milk until combined. Pour in lemon juice. Stir in chia seeds and lemon zest.
- IN a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, protein powder and sweetener. Pour egg/oil mixture into flour mixture and stir well. Add blueberries and gently stir to combine.
- POUR mixture into muffin tins using a 1/3 cup scoop. Bake 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool 10 minutes.
Yields 6 muffins. *My scoop of protein powder contained 30g by weight, and when I put into some measuring cups it was a little less than 1/2 cup, but more than 1/3 cup. The protein powder scoop I had contained 108 calories and 25g of protein in that scoop of a little less than 1/2 cup. Go more by calories and protein than by amount in this case for whatever protein powder you choose to use.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 8g