Black Forest Cherry Smoothie
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup water depending on your blender
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 2 tsp half and half
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Swerve
- powdered stevia *
- 7-8 ice cubes **
- High Powered Blender: Add liquids/soft ingredients first, then ice, and blend.
- Ninja: Add ice first, then rest of ingredients on top. Do crush function first to crush ice. Scrape sides with spatula, then blend.
- Both: You will likely need to scrape the sides with a spatula a couple times.
- You could top with whipped cream!
*STEVIA NOTES: 1 scoop = the scoop that comes in stevia bottle = 1/32 of tsps = 1 packet stevia. If you do not have any of this, a few light shakes. If you do not like stevia, use more erythritol-based sweetener to compensate. It’s not nearly as sweet so per scoop you may need to add 1-3 more tsp. to taste. **So I’ve discovered ice cube size can vary! These are made with ice-cube trays purchased online. If you make your smoothie and it seems too watery/liquidy and not thick don’t worry, you aren’t crazy! Your ice-cubes are just smaller. Either add more ice-cubes or buy some trays online to use. The point is your smoothie should be kind of hard to blend- that’s how thick it should be.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Fiber: 5g | Net Carbs: 8g