Almond & Parmesan Crusted Chicken w/ Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
Almond & Parmesan Crusted Chicken w/ Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges – FULL CALPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
- 12 oz chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almonds whole
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 lb sweet potato * cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground (or use 30g almond meal). In a small bowl combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Use hands to toss and coat sweet potato wedges. Arrange wedges on prepared baking sheet.
- IN a small bowl, lightly beat egg. On a separate small plate combine Parmesan cheese, ground almonds, dried dill, dried basil, onion powder and sea salt.
- USE a paper towel to blot excess moisture from chicken breasts. Dredge each chicken breast in egg and shake off excess. Coat in Parmesan/almond meal mixture and set onto baking sheet with potatoes. Bake for 35 minutes (40 for more crispy chicken). Serve hot.
*I recommend weighing these higher carb veggies so you make sure to get the right amount.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 9g | Net Carbs: 40g